What are you thankful for? November 27 2013, 0 Comments
I have used the saying 'you've got to count your blessings' a lot lately, usually in relation to some awful news that I had heard, be it cancer, car crashes, typhoons, earthquakes... the list goes on!
It's been Thanksgiving over in the US, and while we don't celebrate it here, listing things that you are thankful for is a fun and reasonably uplifting thing to do :)
So here are some of the things that I am thankful for, in no particular order.
- My family, who love and support me in everything I do, even after the occasional emotional outburst
- Being financially secure enough to be able to work school hours, be there for my children's school events, and not having to worry about putting food on the table
- Living in safe New Zealand, away from most of the dangers of the world – from snakes, poisonous spiders and tornado corridors, to suicide bombers, mass shootings and the right to carry arms
- My children's belief in magic – fairy's, pot's of gold, Father Christmas and pixie dust
- Having ticklish children (I also have a ticklish husband, but I always lose if I try and tickle him!)
- Wine – warm and red in the winter, frosty cold and preferably bubbly in the summer, though a cold Sauv always goes down well.
What are you thankful for? The serious and the fun?